Sunday, May 25, 2008

A rough start but good first day. May 23, 2008












I slept all night!! My mommy couldn't believe it - we went to bed about 10 pm & I didn't wake up until my mommy woke up at 5:30 am!!! I only cried once but mom stuck her fingers into my crate, gave me a warm bottle to cuddle up to, covered my crate with my blankie that smells like my doggy mama & I just crashed! I was really tired from playing with Bella.

After I went outside pottied & ate my breakfast, mommy remembered she was supposed to give me my antibiotic, Albon (it's because I had my surgery & 2nd shots, just a preventive so I wouldn't get sick). The syringe had 7 ml in it but I only get 1 ml a day til it's gone. Mommy remembered to shoot it in the side of my mouth so I don't choke but that's when the bad thing happened - the plunger was kinda stuck & when mommy pushed a little harder, she accidentally gave me four mls!!!! Boy was she upset! While Aunt Sissie C called the vet, mommy was rushing me out there. Luckily we were there within 5 minutes. I met two of my new doctors & some of the techs. They were so nice to me, but I didn't like it very much when they made me drink some hydrogen peroxide! It made me vomit (4 times!) so I got rid of the extra Albon. They told mommy I would be fine but she watched me like a hawk all day. After I had a little nap, I had to show her how spunky I am - I ate, drank, played, pottied outside & in general was a big show-off!

1 comment:

K said...

Graci, you were such a good girl at the cook out! And everyone loved you! You're welcome back at Uncle Kip's anytime!

XOXO,
K